Thursday, January 11, 2007

"No cellphone? No BlackBerry? No e-mail? No way? (It's true.)"

I was doing some digging around for information an upcoming post and came across this intriguing headline linking to the USATODAY.com Web site. Despite the source - USA Today is definitely not my preferred reference for insightful commentary - the concept of choosing to be only as *connected* as one feels they need to be really resonated with me. I often observe people succumbing to what I think is mainly societal pressure to be constantly utilizing the latest and greatest personal technology tool. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...just as long as you are happy with your own personal situation. It is also refreshing though to get a reality check once in a while because there are still many well-adjusted, productive and highly-functional adults in Western civilization who do fine without all the available tech bells and whistles, thank you very much. And once your shiny, expensive toys start weighing you down - literally and/or figuratively - instead of meeting their intended purpose of maximizing productivity then it all gets a little bit silly, doesn't it?

So, read the article for yourself and if you feel so inclined, weigh in with a few words in the Comments section.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more Homie. I tried the PDA thing for a while and decided that I could access info faster using a few scraps of paper. BF.

    ReplyDelete