Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised...

A huge fan of almost everything Web-related, I am probably bordering on Luddite territory when it comes to personal technology. I have never owned a PDA (still use an old-fashioned notebook) or Crackberry device (very cool but just never personally saw the need in my case) and the last video gaming system I owned was a Mattel Intellivision, several light years removed from the present-day Xbox or PlayStation experience. I have often referred to any employer-issued cell phone as "my house arrest ankle bracelet" since it was convenient for making spontaneous calls when mobile but also came with the downside of making me available 24/7, effectively eliminating the concept of Personal Time. About 30-40% of the day I am working on a circa-Y2K Dell laptop running Windows NT - *gasp*, not XP! - but do not find it too constraining at all. I did buy my wife an iPod for her birthday a couple of years ago but she uses it far more than I ever do.

All that aside, everyone is talking about the new iPhone and in my opinion the buzz is 100% valid. Apple has done a bang-up job of combining multiple devices into one and of course the user interface is just amazing. Check it out for yourself soon and form your own opinion.


4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah baby!!! I am so stoked about this thing. Gots ta have me one.

    Congratz on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some very interesting observation on the iPhone from the folks at 37signals: http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/188-iphone-not-touchy-feely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another interesting fact, Cisco has a product called iPhone already and they're suing Apple. I wonder how that's going to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iPhone is cool, but I'm still waiting for iTV so I can streamline my audio/video from my computer to my TV wirelessly. Should be launching in a few months.

    ReplyDelete